**NEWSFLASH: have you signed up to the free, live and exclusive webinar on June 30th titled: Getting the hell out of your own way – 3 secrets to stop the self-sabotage and start living your best life? Places are filling quickly and this one’s going to be a goodie as I’ve got an incredible co-host Andrew Morello joining me for this jam-packed 60 minutes!
Okay…so, if you’re reading this, you’re alive and you’re breathing! But did you know that there is a right and a wrong way to breathe?
And if we’re doing it wrong, it can actually impact heaps of other areas in your life from soreness to speaking.
Today’s guest is my great friend and all round super woman Julia Urquhart – a Women’s Health and Pelvic Floor Physio by trade, Jules also incorporates dry needling, core stability, pilates, mindfulness and the Bradcliff breathing method into her practice.
This is an area of science I know very little about but as someone obsessed with performance hacking and getting the most out of life I was keen to understand more and gave Jules full permission to experiment on me (spoiler alert – turns out I am text book ‘bad breather’)
In this episode we cover:
- The fact that there is a right and wrong way to breathe and why it’s important
- The contributing factors to inefficient breathing mechanics which can even include drinking coffee and talking too quickly – two things that I definitely suffer with
- How we’re now starting to suffer not only from sleep apnea but screen apnea and the research coming out around that
- How our breathing technique affects our blood composition
- And some quick try at home tests to see how your own breathing technique is stacking up
Find out more about Jules and the work that she does at:
Linked In: linkedin.com/in/julia-berger-15091311b
Disclaimer: the topics and suggestions discussed on the momentum life project are intended to be general in nature and the information does not constitute individual advice nor take into account your personal circumstances. Always seek the advice of a trained health professional with any questions you may have and before seeking any treatment.
Want to benefit further?
Bring out the best of the humans in your workplace with a session from The Momentum Architects